Okay, first thing first.
That new law Obama made saying that senior citizens over the age of sixty can't receive medical attentions is straight up bullshit. They're the core of our lifetime. They know the stories of the past. Sure, that's what we have history books for but those don't give us long lectures about how "back when I was in school we had to walk five miles in the snow up a hill.." You can't act like they're not there. They are human beings- just like everyone else. I guess I'm just weird when it comes to that. Whenever anyone asks me what I want to be when I grow up and I tell them that I want to specialize in geriatrics they look at me like I'm crazy and either respond with "that's sick.." or "you shouldn't waste your time on old people, they're going to die soon anyway." That infuriates me. See, I feel as if the elderly should have people surrounding them that want to make their last few years the best they've ever had. Spending time with them, listening to their stories not only widens the youth's horizon about life but it makes them feel as if they're worth something, as if someone cares. It's crazy. Whenever my family and I or even friends are out to eat and I see an older person sitting alone I honestly want to go sit with them and ask them how their day was. And it warms my heart every time I see little old couples walking down the street, holding hands with a little smile that says "after all these years, I've still got you and I've never been happier". Anyway, the elderly deserve to be treated as everyone else in the world is- don't discriminate on them because of their age...they can't help the year they were born in after all.
Popcorn.
Ya know how popcorn takes a few minutes in the microwave but then once it starts popping you think it's going to explode? That's how I feel sometimes. It takes me a little time to warm up and really get going, but once I do I'm like a bunch of little kernels just popping away. It's always fun though. My life never really has a dull moment. I love going crazy and rapping OxyCotton to Ford at 12:00 AM for his birthday, and laughing uncontrollably until my eyes water. It's amazing. And it makes me love life more and more every day.
I've met some of the most amazing people these past few weeks. One of which has become very close to me. Another who has become one of my very best friends. I'll stay up until five in the morning talking to Jay, about things you'd never imagine. It's amazing and I love every second of it.
...see what I mean? I'm blabbing on and on about random stuff. Well, it's stream of thoughts. My thoughts. The ones that really don't matter but are tucked away in my mind like marshmallows. Marshmallows? I'm so random. I love it.
Oh one more thing, I'm about to embark on a big, salubrious journey. Yes, I said salubrious. And I'm leaving everything I've ever known behind me. I'm scared shitless but at the same time I'm so excited I can barely sleep at nights.
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment