Life is like a see-saw. It'll be great one day and the next burnt- like popcorn if you leave it in the microwave for too long. You know, my life has been so great lately. Like, the best it's been in a really, really long time. I've got great friends, a guy who cares about me and I'm about to go to this awesome school that holds so many opportunities for me. Yet when one broken memory falls back into my life everything seems to go to shit. You know, it seems great at first. Like the memory did before it became broken.
It's not real. It's like burnt popcorn with butter. Like you're really wanted the popcorn and you're really disappointed that it turned out bitter so you add a little butter in hopes of it overriding the taste of burnt kernels.
pop.
I apparently have a bad selection of best friends. Who knows. I, personally, thought my more recent selection was good? Again, who knows.
My biggest fear is being alone. Losing everyone who ever meant something to me. The mere thought terrifies the living fuck out of me. I want to be one kernel, in a bag full of happy, energetic kernels waiting to pop full of life.
I'm done with the bullshit. I've got the people who I can trust. Ford, Jay, David, Melissa, and others mean so damn much to me. I love them. And I'm not letting them go anytime soon. Let's pop together and have a happy, bubbly life.
POP! POP! POP! POP! POP! POP! POP!
Venting always helps. I'm not a burnt bag of popcorn, nor will I ever be. I refuse to let people who don't care bring me down. I'm bigger than that. It's not an act. I'm a large back of popcorn popping away. And I'm not stopping anytime soon.
But I can't burn. I'm like an eternal bag of popping popcorn kernels. I will never burn.
Friday, August 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment